Plant City Family & Divorce Attorney
Families are important to many Florida residents. Still, there are legal issues that can arise in this context. Marriages can end, a parent may refuse to pay child support, or there may be allegations of domestic violence.
When family law issues crop up, it’s important to have someone on your side who can help you navigate these issues with ease. What paperwork do you need to fill out? When are the deadlines? A competent, skilled lawyer can help in this regard.
Bartow family & divorce attorney Darla K. Snead, P.L. Attorney at Law can provide you with the guidance you need to deal with your divorce, child custody, paternity battle, adoption, or other family law issues.
Common Family Law Issues
There are many family law issues that individuals and families may face. Some of these include:
- Divorce. When you think of family law issues, divorce is probably the first thing you think of. Divorce is a legal process that terminates a marriage and brings about issues such as property division, child custody, child support, and alimony.
- Prenuptial agreements. A prenuptial agreement is a legal contract signed by two parties prior to marriage that outlines how property and assets will be divided in the event of divorce. A postnuptial agreement, which is created after marriage, can also be used to split up property.
- Child custody. When a separation involves children, one of the most significant issues is determining who will have custody of their children. Custody can be joint or sole, and factors such as the child’s best interests may be considered.
- Child support. Child support is the financial support provided by a non-custodial parent to help cover the costs of raising a child. Child support is determined by state guidelines, as well as each parent’s income and the child’s needs.
- Paternity. Paternity refers to the legal determination of a child’s father. This issue often arises when a child is born to unmarried parents. Paternity can be established through genetic testing or a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity.
- Adoption. Adoption is often a happy event. It refers to the legal process of permanently assuming parental responsibilities for a child. This may involve a stepparent adoption, international adoption, or adoption from the foster care system.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence involves abusive behavior by a family member or intimate partner. Protective orders or restraining orders may be necessary to protect victims of domestic violence.
Contact Darla K. Snead, P.L. Attorney at Law Today
Family law issues can be highly emotional. A family law attorney can help you keep your emotions in check and make decisions with a clear head.
Darla K. Snead, P.L. Attorney at Law can guide you through the various family law issues you may encounter. We’ll work hard to make sure your best interests are protected. Call (863) 619-5291 to schedule a consultation with our Plant City family & divorce lawyer today.